Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sunkist Cherry Limeade

It's been a while since I had any type of Sunkist drinks. I used to love them as a child, but as I got older, I began to gravitate away from them. I saw the Cherry Limeade version today at my local grocery store. They were on sale for 2 for $1.19 so I grabbed one. It's not like I was dying to try it, but I figured for the price, I might as well give it a shot. Let's just say this. I will not be getting any other Sunkist flavors for quite some time. Why? Is it that good? No. It's bad enough that to keep me from the rest of their product line. For starters, it did not have the strong "pop" taste that I remember Sunkist having. It did not seem as carbonated as the standard orange flavor. There was more cherry than lime flavor to this drink, which didn't surprise me considering the bottle was all red and the drink itself was tinted red. I did not expect much lime flavor and I did not get much lime flavor. Overall, the drink has a very high sugar flavor to it. Looking at the label, it makes sense. One 20 oz. drink accounts for 25% of your daily intake. It leaves a slight aftertaste too. The thing with the aftertaste is that it is doesn't resemble the drink. It's almost an unrelated flavor. Weird. The drink makes me think back to when I was a kid and mixing stuff up with Kool-Aid. In this case, it's 1 part water, 2 parts sugar, 1 part generic cherry candy flavor.

5 Words to Sum it Up:
Will not drink this again.

1 comment:

K-Sea said...

Thanks for posting my 1975 picture! I have to say I am a big fan of your blog!