Friday, February 16, 2007

Snapple Peach Pomegranate Red Tea


I had the opportunity to try this tea today. I stopped at the gas station this morning looking for something to drink later in the morning just before lunch. I'm trying to stay away from soda or sugary drinks. I was near the checkout when I saw the drink in one of those coolers with ice. It immediately jumped out to me since peach and pomegranate are my two favorite fruit flavors. I've always been a fan of Snapple products so I snatched it up right away.

The first thing I did when I opened it was smell it. At first it smells like any other bottled tea out there. Same thing goes for the taste. It's only after the 2nd and 3rd drinks do I notice the "flavor". Now, since I did expect it to have more robust flavor. It did not taste overwhelmingly like either peach or pomegranate. In fact, I had to look on the back to see if in fact, they were listed as actual ingredients. There it was... Good old "natural flavors" as an ingredient at the end. Flipping back to the front I noticed down at the bottom right where it says "Natural Peach and Pomegranate Flavors and Other Natural Flavors" in small print. In other words, synthetic, not naturally occurring or actual juice. The only real juice named is "pear juice concentrate". Hmmm.

I like the tea as far as traditional teas are concerned. It's better than most white or green teas I have tasted. Will I buy it again? Maybe on one of those days where I'm like "Man, you know what would taste good? That Snapple Red Tea I had a few months ago." Don't get me wrong, I will be trying the other flavors that are offered from them. Acai Mixed Berry and Mandarin Tangerine both sound pretty delicious too, huh?

5 Words to Sum It Up... Better than average, not perfect.

No comments: