Friday, February 16, 2007

100 Grand With Coconut

I love when I see new candy bars. Usually I'll run into them at the gas station in one of those LIMITED EDITION boxes or stands. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am always trying new stuff I come across. Yesterday when I went to get some lunch I was standing at the checkout and turned around and saw the box that said Nestlé Crunch and 100 Grand. Typically, I don't love either of those candy bars but will eat them. I wondered why there was a box with those in it. Big deal, those have both been around for a long time. A-ha! WITH COCONUT! Now, coconut can go either way in a food. It can really enhance the flavor of something or it can totally ruin the flavor of it. I still wasn't too into the idea of either candy bar. The thing that sealed the deal for me the fact they were two for a dollar. OK! Let's do it.

First up was the 100 Grand bar. It had been so long since I actually had one of those I kinda forgot what I was getting into. I took a big bite out of one of those little half bar things. I was very impressed. Most stuff with coconut ends up getting little shreds of it on top. Not the case here. It seemed like it was actually mixed in with the caramel. I was pretty impressed with this thing. Maybe it's a mental thing, but if I spend much more than 60¢ on a candy bar this size and I feel like I am getting the short end of the stick. One of the better limited edition flavors I've tried in recent years.

5 Words to Sum it Up: Happy to stumble across it.

No comments: